WHAT WE BELIEVE
ONE GOD, FOR ALL PEOPLE.
At Kim Wear Ministries, we believe:
- We serve a single, powerful God. He is the divine creator of the earth, everything in the earth, and the cosmos around the earth. He has revealed himself in three forms: God the Father, Jesus God’s Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.
1 Corinthians 8:6
- Jesus lived, died, and was resurrected. He was sent here to save us from our sins, and he did it. He died on the cross, then conquered death, rising from the grave three days later.
For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, therefore all died. And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and was raised again.
2 Corinthians 5:15
- Jesus was born of a virgin. Mary was chosen by God to give birth to his son. It was a miraculous birth that brought Jesus here to earth.
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man and not wanting to disgrace her, planned to send her away secretly. But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
- There is one true Spirit: the Holy Spirit. While there are spirits that exist on Earth, there is one true, righteous Spirit: the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God's presence here on earth. He wants to revive you, renew you, and restore you. He can fill you and fulfill you, but you have to allow Him in.
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.’
- The Bible is the divine Word of God. Inspired by God and written by men, the Bible serves as our guide for how to spend our days on earth, and what to expect in the days to come.
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
- We are called to live a holy life. When Jesus died, he made a way for us to live sanctified and consecrated lives. While Christ will always extend grace, he also calls us to live a holy life, separated from the way of the world.
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.
- We are called to baptism by water. Jesus calls us to be baptized, immersed in water, identifying with His death and resurrection. It is a symbol of our new life with Christ. We bury the old life and we rise to walk in the new life. Baptism is the outward symbol of the commitment we made to the Lord.
We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.
- The fruits of the spirit are transformational. Jesus calls us to live a life of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The nine fruits of the spirit represent the fruit and the character of Christ’s life that is to be revealed in us.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- The gifts are the spirit are real. God calls specific people with God-given gifts into specific action. The nine gifts of the Holy Spirit include the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, the gift of prophecy, the gift of faith, the gift of healings, the working of miracles, the discerning of Spirits, the different kinds of tongues, and the interpretation of tongues.
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
1 Corinthians 12:7-11
- God speaks to us by the Holy Spirit in many different ways. God communicates to us through our spirit, prophecy, the Bible and confirmation from others.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
- Prophecy is real. God uses prophecy in the bible to reveal to us his plans for the future. He continues to use prophecy through people called into ministry to relay his message to the masses.
And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
- Miracles happen. The supernatural is real and we have seen it in action.
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with man is possible with God."
- Prayer is powerful. God hears our prayers and responds to them.
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- You are loved. Above all else, Jesus loves you. You are his child and he wants to claim your life and turn it into something beautiful. You can never be too wrecked for Jesus.
Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.
- You can achieve victory. You may be walking through trials and tribulations, but you can achieve victory. Victory is ALWAYS attainable through Jesus.
I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.
- Christ will return again. God has planned a second coming. His return is guaranteed, and imminent. He will return triumphantly to call his people home, and everyone will then know, He is God.
For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.